Friday, February 19, 2010

Hi. my name is Anna!

On February 16th, after starting General English, I wrote some sentences, read many articles and spoke more than I learned English in Japan.

Today, it was very sunny and not, and I was very thirsty for a cold drink. In Australia, prices are higher than Japan, for example, a plastic bottle drink is 3 Australia dollars, but in Japan 150 yen(1 Australia dollar=90 yen). In Rikkyo university, I usually eat lunch and drink some water that are sold at the student cafeteria, but from now on, I can`t buy lunch and drinks because most things have a higher price than in Japan.

Since coming to Australia, I went sightseeing to many famous place. Today, I went to OLD MELBOURNE GAOL with my friends. It was a very magnificent and solemn space for me. I and friends experienced the tour which stay in a detention room cumulatively. And also, last Saturday, I went to Saint Paul`s Anglican Cathedral in Melbourne with my friends. In Japan, there are many beautiful temples but no churches and cathedrals. The space is huge above my head and the stained glass is outstanding in terms of color and entering bright light.

And I headed off Melbourne city there are many shops and food, and especially I went to the aquarium. In Melbourne Aquarium, a lot of sea animals can be seen that disappear in Japan, for instance, sharks and Syngnathidgae. At the place, I bought a souvenir alike decorative object getting some penguins doll in.

We Rikkyo students stay here only 4 weeks but I hope to go sightseeing wherever I can go. Everyday, I`m usually tired of studying only English for a long time but for the future, it is valuable time to speak English and live in English-speaking world.
Especially in Australia, where Asian people live. In Deakin University, I made some Chinese friends. I will try to study and make friends from all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment